So you would like to enrol your child at the beauitful Clarke Road School?
Clarke Road School is a Department of Education and Communities School that provided educational programs for students who have a primary diagnosis of intellectual diability. Students can also have secondary and multiple disabilities. A regional placement panel operates to assess applications for special settings and ensure eligibility for your child.
Here are some simplified steps to guide you through the process of gaining enrolment.
- You will need to make an appointment to visit the School Counsellor at your local Primary School, closest to where you live.
- You will need to ask the school to complete an Access Request Form for your child to access a special setting or a support setting in a mainstream school. The school will support you through this process. They will complete an access request and confirm your child's disability. Please ensure you bring any current assesments and documentation with you to the appointment. the school will discuss options available to you.
- If you do not have a current cognitive assessment of your child, the school counsellor at your local school can arrange to complete this assessment. It will require another appointment.
- Our Regional Learning and Engagement Officers from the Department of Education and Communities are avaiable to assist you in answering any questions and they can also assist you to arrange visits to a school that you may be considering applying for. Our Learning and Engagment Officers are available through the switchboard at Macqaurie Park on 98867000.
- Once your access request is completed it is sent to our Regional Placement panel for determination of eligibility and suitable placement. The placement panel will keep you informed as your application is processed. They will also advise you that your child has been offered a place in a special setting.The enrolment process can then commemce directly with the school that you child has been offered.
Should you be lucky enough to be offered a place at Clarke Road School, our school will work closely with you to arrange a transion and to start your journey of education at Clarke Road school.
If you find the process tricky at times, do not hesitate to contact the Principal or Assistant Principals at Clarke Road School to assist you and to support you.
For more information on general enrolment procedures please click on the following link: